Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Back At It

We had an awesome Memorial Day, spending time with our family and honoring those who sacrificed their lives so that we can have our freedom. I am truly forever grateful to the men and women who served, and are currently serving our country.





I'm back to running! Thank God! I don't know what I would do if I was still out of commission. Let me tell  you something, it definitely puts things in perspective and makes you want to use all the preventative measures they suggest so that it doesn't happen again. I will say that the left shin still isn't 100% however, when I run (at least on the treadmill-we're testing the road this afternoon) I don't feel any pain and the only time I do is when I foam roll the area.


I still have big news, but I can't give it away until July. Don't worry, the time will fly by. I'm signing up for a race on June 21st. Just a 5k (it'll be my second one) so I'm following a 4 week training plan right now. The Recycle Run out by Lake Mead in Henderson, NV. It is a bunch of rolling hills so it'll will present much more of a challenge which kind of makes me excited considering the last 5k I did was very flat.

The hubby and I are heading to SoCal this weekend for a RC Race (his not mine) and I'm going to spend some quality time with my mama who will be fresh out of a minor surgery and since she's my best friend I'm super excited to spend all day Saturday with her. I can't wait!
I have a 5 mile run scheduled with a friend tonight. It will be the ultimate test as it will be the first time I'll run on the road since my shin splints and also the longest distance I will have ran since taking time off. And yes, I'm bringing my training plan with me to Cali so that I can continue training for the 5k :-)

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment